In order to volunteer in the classroom or at school activities, every parent needs a set of three state and federal clearances. Below is an outline of the steps to acquire all of the clearances you need to become a volunteer!
PA State Police Criminal Record Check:
- Go to https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp and click on “submit a new record check”.
- Select “Employment” for the reason.
- Have a credit card ready and follow the prompts on the online form.
- You may receive an immediate “No Criminal Record” response or “Under Review” response. It is your responsibility to check the website frequently until your receive a “No Criminal Record” or “Criminal Record Found” response. If you receive a “Criminal Record Found” response, the results will be mailed to your home.
- Print 2 copies of the “No Criminal Record” results (one for you to keep and a second copy for the Office of Human Resources). If you have a Criminal Record, you must bring in the original copy to the Office of Human Resources.
Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance:
- Go to https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS
- Create an account
- Have your credit card ready and follow the prompts to pay.
- Submit your clearance application online.
- Print 2 copies of the results (one for you to keep and a second copy for the Office of Human Resources.
Federal Criminal History Record Information:
- Go to http://www.pa.cogentid.com and click on “register online” or by telephone at 888-439-2486.
- Complete the online form and print the confirmation page.
- Return to the home page www.pa.cogentid.com and click on “Pay Online”. Have your credit card ready and follow the prompts to pay. Print two (2) copies of the confirmation page (one for you to keep and one for you to submit to the Office of Human Resources.)
- If you do not have a credit card, purchase a money order and take it with you to the fingerprinting location.
- Go to the nearest fingerprint scanning location with your confirmation number and one form of photo identification.
- Submit your receipt to the Office of Human Resources.